AirLib is currenty in Beta, and any help with development would be appreciated!
In a nutshell, this is a Windows application and open source library that can let you show your pictures and video on an Apple TV the same way you can from your iPhone or iPad, without the need for iTunes.
This is the first application that I am aware of that is capable of displaying both photos and video on an Apple TV directly from a Microsoft Windows PC without the need for iTunes. The library is capable of streaming a video to the Apple TV internally without any need for an external web server.
Based off of Airplay Protocol info found at:http://nto.github.com/AirPlay.html
This project started out as a way to show my family my 300+ GB of photos and videos on my Apple TV without having to put them on my iPhone or iPad first. While it is possible to set up Home Sharing and use the menu on the Apple TV to select photos and videos to display that method:
- Requires iTunes to be running at all times.
- Is extremely cumbersome since you have to go through the AppleTV menu.
- Is quite error-prone. It seems that either the Apple TV or iTunes have quite a few bugs since the Apple TV tends to lose its connection to iTunes quite easily while viewing the photos and video, forcing a complete restart of iTunes to reconnect.
- Implement reverse connection for events
- Determine why Slideshows are not working
- Document the interface and usage
- Determine why transition settings are not working
- Investigate better use of caching to speed photo loading/viewing
- Further implement Airplay APIs
- Improve Windows Client
- Make the UI more attractive
- Implement slideshow functionality
Airplay, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad and Apple are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. This project is not associated or affiliated with Apple Inc in any way.
The project is released under the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2). Please include a copy of the About.txt file found in the root of the source tree with any copies or derivatives of this source or its assemblies.